Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I can't believe July is flying by. All the fifth grade teachers met today to talk about the upcoming year. I love a fresh group of kids but can't believe summer is almost over. I'm going to try and enjoy each moment!
It's been an interesting couple of weeks since vacation. Bucky made cameo apperances here on Holt Avenue in between Summer in the Son, Spirit Song, not to mention work and the Amazing Race. The boys and I are doing the summer reading program at the library, had VBS, go to the pool often, and also have been to Cynthiana.
Luke is taking more and more and he's quite the conversationalist! I love to hear him talk. He can pretty much tell you anything. He's also been using the potty some. One day he went three times. Not bad for not even being 2! We have taken the pacifier away. He used it at naps and bedtime and some other times but today is day seven without it. Yay! He clings to his blanket and often has two or three toys with him in bed but all is well. I have noticed that he now wants me more often and I hear, "Mommy!" A LOT! Hopefully this will get better.
Adam is having a nice summer. He loves the Amazing Race and he's Bucky's big helper. He really likes to go to the pool. He is water dog. Of course, Luke is making every splash with him! We've not seen Cars 2 but we've not made it yet. Better do it soon!
That's about it. Luke has gone down for nap, Adam is playing his Leapters and I see some rest in my future. I'll be up and out early for a devotion group. Looking forward to it.

No comments: