Friday, August 6, 2010

I feel like a first year teacher. Really. I am excited about my job and my coworkers and quite honestly a paycheck, but I am very overwhelmed right now with actual lessons to teach my students. We use Rigby Literacy as our program and it's different than anything I'm used to. Blair, the other 5th grade reading teacher, has not used it too much but with RTI stipulations we must use it. I know it will be fine once we make a plan but I think I've got lots of work ahead of me. As far as Writing, I've taught 5th grade Language Arts once before, so I've just got to get my head on straight. It's one of those things where I think my classroom is ready for Tuesday, but I don't know if I'm actually ready. We've had PD all week and tomorrow I am going to school to just work and get some things done. The boys have done well this week getting up and so the transition has been smooth. We met Adam's teacher tonight at Open House. Her name is Mrs. Wenda and she seems very nice. I know Adam will learn lots. Luke is doing well and is enjoying daycare food. His new favorites there are yogurt and vanilla wafers. Gotta love the snacks!
As much as I want to type, I must go fold laundry. Later.

1 comment:

Mollie said...

You will do great! There are no doubts here. Have a fun start to your year!