Monday, August 16, 2010

I survived! I had a good first week at Camargo. I was WORN OUT come Friday. I mean EXHAUSTED. We had company two nights this week so on Friday night I was ready to chill. Mom and Dad met me in Paris to get Luke. They were kind enough to do this so I could go to school on Saturday. More on that later. Friday afternoon I left town straight from daycare. Adam and Luke both fell asleep. In fact, they were so asleep that I transferred Luke to Mom and Dad's car without Adam even waking up and Luke pretty much stayed asleep too. Hilarious.

I drove back to Whirlin' Sterlin' and put Adam on the couch. He slept until 10:30 and then I put him in his bed and he slept until 6:45. When I put him in his bed I thought he might not want to sleep. Instead he says, "Let's rest and relax." That he did. I rested too. I slept from 8-10:3o and then went to bed a little after 11 and woke with Adam. We just hung out on Saturday morning until Adam and Bucky left for a dad/son day. They went to Lex. and went to Chuck E. Cheese and Dick's Sporting Goods.

I spent four hours at school on Saturday. If Amy is reading this I bet she is about to die! I was the girl who never spent an extra hour/minute at school than I had to and I never came on the weekend. Nevertheless I put in the time and I must say I feel better about things. I still had some things that needed a "home" and I had to do plans which are MUCH MORE involved than RC plans. Whew! Now that I've got a format, maybe I can do a little each day and be okay. I have 27 in my homeroom which is a record for me and several students who need lots of attention.

Other highlights:
Adam loves MSCS Kindergarten. He was so proud the first day when he came home with a folder with papers in it. The papers? A lunch menu and school calendar. He was so proud!

Luke is cruising and really moving around. He still loves his bath and if you mention the word bath he takes off straight to the bathroom

We had a ball with Whitney and Allison on Thursday and Sam interviewed Bucky and I for a marriage class on Tuesday. Interesting.

Church is going well. Bucky has been a part of several baptisms lately. It's exciting to be at GCC!

Callie is still the best dog I know. She lets Luke pet, pull, and roll all over her. Adam loves her so much. "There's my good girl," he'll say to her.

By the way, Adam bought something for Luke with his tickets at Chuck E. Cheese. Awwww!

More later. Can you tell I'm putting off laundry? It's raining here. Fun!

Hope this all makes sense. You never know....

1 comment:

melton said...

Wow! A Saturday?? I can't believe it. I know how if feels. I just can't seem to get caught up either. I've been spending time after school trying to catch my breath, but when I feel like I'm ok something else happens.