Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Adam can talk your leg off--seriously! After the rides home from daycare I usually am exhausted from talking/listening. This is what he said to me after he'd been quiet most of the way home yesterday.

"Momma, I'm awfully quiet today. (Pause, Pause, Pause). I'm thinking about my day."

I was floored. I don't know where he'd heard that "awfully quiet" part, but I'm glad he's reflective some of the time.

Bucky was set to umpire ballgames last night but it rained again. We were all home for the night. Bucky put together the bench we got for the front porch. I worked around the house last night and my feet and legs were sore, and tired from the first day back. I was sitting rather strangely in the recliner--pretty much spread eagle with a leg on each chair arm just to elevate them as much as I could. All of a sudden, Adam throws a (hard) football at me and it lands right in my crotch. Adam's had a history of throwing at people when they're not ready I couldn't help but scream out. He had to go to his room and got one 0f Bucky's famous father lectures. Seriously, they are intense. I would not want one. Adam listened well but we went on to bed as sort of punishment. He's had some time winding down at night lately. It's like he can't lay still. I'm not sure what this is all about...

Tonight Bucky has a board meeting and then he'll be home. It's American Idol night and also the first night of Deadliest Catch. Bucky really likes this show and I kind of got into it last season.

6 comments:

kim_brough said...

I still remember the sippy cup to the face. Ouch.

At least he's got a good arm, though, right?

KK said...

Wonder where he gets that talking thing???

kim_brough said...

Certainly not from his aunts, right KK??

Dicky said...

I wonder if the lecture was anything like the infamous "Jason, you've got to chew your food" one?

kim_brough said...

I know that story... it's one I tell on occasion to others!

Anonymous said...

Oh, soooo funny on the food chewing thing!!! Poor Adam. He is just a boy, right, Dicky???