Saturday, September 25, 2010

Already Friday! Where did the week go?

Halloween costumes have been chosen and purchased. Adam chose a "motorcyle guy." He had lots of decisions and changed several times according to Bucky but he's very happy. He asked to sleep in the costume the other night. Luke will be a wildcat. Bucky bought this one as well. Do I have a good husband or what? I don't know what I will be for school yet. It would be neat if the fifth grade teachers could do something.

Adam says the funniest things and I wish I could remember them all. The other day we saw a mailman on the way home and I asked him if he thought he might be a mailman when he grew up. "I'm going to be a football player, remember?" I asked him what skills he needed. "I need to do spin moves so I can get a first down, touchdown, and field goal." Guess he has it all planned out.

Luke is still into electrical outlets. He is so curious about plugs and cords and power in general. The word no phases him on most things but NOT on this area. Hopefully this phase will be over soon. He's trying to walk. He's so fast when he crawls that he's not overly interested. We are trying to help him walk everywhere. I hope it catches on. He's fourteen months today for goodness sake!

I am leading a small group with Becky for high school girls. Bucky is leading a small group for high school boys. We are both supposedly leading a small group for young couples with young kids. Hmmmm.... think this is too much on my plate with school and life. Note that I didn't have much input on the last one.

Practice for the kids' Christmas program started on Wed. Adam was excited about it and then pretty much decided against it. I hate to make him, but want him to be involved. Plus, I don't have anywhere else for him to go during small group time. I took Luke with me this time and I hope to make other arrangements. How can kids be such a blessing and yet so "in the way" of areas where I want/need to serve? Anybody felt this way before? It's my biggest issue hands down that I struggle with.

Tonight it's just me and Luke at home. Bucky and Adam are going to the football game. I hope to get some things done. Laundry is clean but needs to be put away. Leslie Waddelow posted the other day that she needs a personal assist. I agree!

3 comments:

jjshirey said...

I totally understand where you're coming from with the kids getting in the way of you serving! I feel like I can't do anything at church because I've got to deal with the kids. Doesn't help that Johnny isn't able to help in that area on Sundays either! I was just thinking Sunday that I hope people understand what their minister's wives are dealing with, especially if they have small children.

The Walters Family said...

And, it's one of those things that drives you CRAZY but you try not to talk about it too much because you don't want people to feel bad/feel differntly about you/feel like you should be able to handle it.... However, you want them to somehow recognize/understand what you deal with. Glad to know you feel my "pain."

Anonymous said...

Hum, spin moves??? Maybe you better sign him up for ballet lessons - I think they teach spins there!!! So, cute! Miss you guys.