Sunday, March 14, 2010

At this exact moment there is a man cleaning up poop, yes poop, in our basement. Yesterday Bucky mentioned that he thought the house stunk. I agreed and said I thought it always had some odor. Anyway, today when we came home from going out and about, there was a DEFINITE odor. Poop! Gag! Sure enough, a pipe had broken/come loose/something and the result was not good. Mike, the guy who does all the maintenance for this rental property, came by to assess the damange. He's back with parts, a pressure washer, and bleach. I must say it is humbling to think that someone is cleaning up your waste. I don't know how long this will take but I find it convenient that Bucky's gone to Lex. for WinterJam. :) Just kidding.

New things at Holt Avenue....besides the poop:
Adam currently loves showerbaths. That's a shower that turns into a bath. He takes one every night. It's strange to watch him basically fend for himself when it comes to the whole bathing routine.

Luke loves his baby food. He can put away two containers. He's a neat eater like Adam was. The only time I had trouble with a mess was when he was tired and he kept rubbing eyes and carrots on his face.

We looked at a house today. It's nice. It needs a little love (paint, etc. ) but I don't know if I want it. The master bedroom is small and the layout is different. Huge living room though and I like that. We'll see.

Bucky and I are going to begin dieting on Monday. I don't know what this means really but I guess we are just going to watch portions and calories. Summer is coming.

We are considering joining Mt. Sterling Country Club. They are running a deal for a pretty good price. It seems silly to think of this when we are trying to cut back, but if Bucky plays golf like he has in the past and if we swim in the summer it may better in the long run than nickel and diming it. I treasure the time we spent at Lakewood. There was nothing like taking Adam (and now Luke) out to the course after work and just enjoying time together. The verdict is still out on this issue.

We turned in Adam's paperwork so he can play t ball. He wants to know what team he is on. It's a league for 3-5 year olds. Last year when he played it was SO hot and I was prego with Luke. Hard to believe how fast time flies.

Callie is doing well. She's enjoyed some time outside. Bucky fixed the holes in the fence.

I guess that it's for us. I am caught up on laundry for the most part. Today I told Bucky that I dared anyone to dirty clothes today. :)

GO CATS!

1 comment:

kim_brough said...

Imagine what it's like to clean up waste, ahem, directly from the source, let's say. :-)