Friday, March 5, 2010

Mental note: Don't every go two days without doing laundry EVER AGAIN! I have been up to my eyeballs in dirty clothes, clean clothes, and ski/tubing clothes to be put away. Thank goodness for a laundry room so I can close the door and pretend it's not there. However, I think I am on the home stretch and this is a good thing.

It's beautiful here and since I didn't sub I went on a walk. Good for the body. I've also been working on a monologue I'm doing in a couple of weeks and tidying up the house. I see a nap in my future.

I have a neat opportunity to speak at Gateway's Mother Daughter Friend Banquet on May 11th. I am just supposed to tell them "my story" and "be inspirational." I am looking forward to it. I love how God keeps giving me chances to speak at women's events. So fun!

Tonight is date night of course. I've got some chicken marinating and we'll have baked potatoes and broccoli casserole too. I can't wait. Date night will have to be moved to another night soon since Bucky is going to ref games on Tuesday and Thursday nights. He's excited about getting some exercise and making some extra money too. Always the provider.....

Happy Birthday to Sharon today. I love you, girl!

Also, I saw a neat thing on Facebook where this lady had read a devotional that said we are human BEINGS and not human DOINGS. On this note, I will now go and relax with my new library book. Life is good.

Also, Kim had posted what she'd read this year. Here's my (I think complete) list:
The Scarlet Thread by Francine Rivers
Even Now by Karen Kingsbury
Leota's Garden by Francine Rivers
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
Picture Perfect by Jodi Piccoult

No comments: