Saturday, May 30, 2009

Bittersweet

Today was a memorable day--my last at Union Chapel. I had that not-so-fun feeling all day in the pit of my stomach. You know, that lovely feeling where you don't know if you're going to puke or poop. Saying "good-bye" to everyone was hard, but gave me the chance to do lots of reflecting on life, friendship, and the past nine years. Wow! What a great experience it's been! I'm so thankful! Ms. Cindy presented me with a yearbook that was signed by everyone at UC. I did not read it then, but I read all the messages when I got home and they are so precious. Tears and more tears. I liked what Cindy told me today--we'll be doing the same job, but just be in different theatres.

Today was a memorable day--my first at Jamestown. I went there for a few hours this morning and early afternoon.I got to see my room and talk with some of the teachers. Andrea, another sixth grade teacher, has been EXTREMELY helpful to me. I had so many questions and she answered each one. Everyone has been so nice and welcoming. In a weird coincidence, I have the same room number at JES that I did at UCES--205. I'm on the second floor, third room form the left. I have a view out the front of the building--perfect! I am certainly a "nosy Rosy" when it comes to comings and goings.

We went to graduation last night and we are headed to Somerset tonight to watch the practice for the Dance Shoppe recital. I think we are going out to eat as well. I don't know what we'll get into tomorrow. As Dad would say, "You never know about us."

2 comments:

kim_brough said...

Girl, you get your nosiness from Mamma, not Rosey! Ha ha

Kerry said...

Hahaha - I love that I have a great view at my work to see all the comings and goings too. I definitely take attendance. :)

Good luck with your new job!