Thursday, January 14, 2010

I love the FREE library!

It's not a secret that I love the library. For example, we got our library cards for Mt. Sterling on Tuesday after moving Saturday. Now I have a new reason for loving the library besides books--the internet! Communication! I told Bucky that I feel like I've been cut off from the world but thanks to the FREE library, I can blog and check blogs and maybe even do Facebook if they allow that.

Life is good here in Montgomery County. I am officially running on fumes but I'm too busy to really notice I think. We have settled into the home on Holt Avenue and, other than the kitchen which I'm doing tonight, I think we have things organized and put away as much as they're going to be. Daycare has gone well for both boys. Adam enjoys the gym they have. He was playing football yesterday when I picked him up. He can run so fast and I love to watch him! I love Camargo Elementary, the school where I'm working four hours a day as NCLB tutor. I've worked for two days and both days I've been asked to sub in the afternoon. This is great! I've met so many nice people. Camargo has a UCES feel about it and that makes my heart smile. Bucky has the majority of his things unpacked at Gateway. I'm anxious to see how he's decorated. The kids at Gateway are really nice. We went roller skating on Sunday afternoon and it's fun to get to know them. I see glimpses of JCC kids all the time in these GCC kids. Bittersweet. By the way, Adam roller skated too and it was hilarious. Luke laughed at all the kids, but no one can make Luke laugh like Adam. It is precious.

The dress code is different here at school than in RC. They dress up and it's district policy! No more sporty spice clothes or tennis shoes for me to teach in and I can only wear jeans on Friday on school spirit day. All this said, I basically have....um....nothing to wear. I have black pants, gray pants, and a not-so-great pair of brown pants, plus khakis. We'll see how this goes. I may be using my NY & Company gift cards this weekend. Kim, wanna babysit while I go shopping? We'll talk.

Please keep in contact. I don't want to put our address and phone number here but call me and I'll share.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Hey Susan! Glad things are going so well! God Bless!
Tammy Emerson