Friday, August 8, 2008

ER Visit

You never know what's in store for you each day. Today Bucky called me at school telling me to head to the emergency room because Adam had a cut above his eye and that he would probably need stitches. Ms. Janet drove me there and I found Adam in Bucky's arms. He had a cut above his right eye. The bottom of the cut is in his eyebrow. They didn't have to put in stitches. Instead they used DermaBond. It's like super glue for skin. The cut looks worse than it actually is I think. We have to keep it dry for three days. For the next 24 hours he can't do any strenuous physical activity. I'd like to keep him indoors for the most part since it's so hot.

He is up from his nap in a good mood. He was hungry and thirsty and he wanted to watch Cars. This is treat for him. He's in his recliner and looks very content. I guess he's bouncing back from all this. I hope things go well tonight and tomorrow. Praise the Lord that it isn't worse....but it still breaks a mama's heart.

4 comments:

melton said...

I'm glad to hear he is ok. Let me know if you need anything.

Mollie said...

Poor thing! I hope you guys are having a much better day.

Sherry Kenney said...

Glad he is still smiling! Hope he is doing well today!

Kerry said...

Not to worry - I had stitches over my right eye when I was little - before Dermabond I'm sure. And most days I don't even notice it. Of course my favorite is when people have known me for a while and then ask, "Oh, what did you do?" "Um, I had stitches over 20 years ago." :)

For all of you Cynthiana girls - you might note that was the same ER visit where Stephen McCauley asked Dr. McKemie if he was Sam Bowie. Totally worth the scar.