Sunday, August 10, 2008

Little WILDcat

I didn't share this about Adam the other night. I made him look at his cut in the mirror so he could see what he looked like. He was stoic for a good while and then smiled and said, "I like my boo boo." He certainly does. It's not slowed him down one bit. He and Mary had so much fun yesterday that he didn't even nap. I've been calling him a "little wildcat" with heavy emphasis on wild. He is all boy! I don't guess I'd want it any other way.

He is down for a nap right now and should wake up any minute. We've beend doing sponge baths, but it's time for a real bath tonight. We'll just be careful not to get his cut wet, or at least soaked. I think it's healing well. It looks gross with some dried blood but I'm not sure what's the cut and what's not so I think I may leave well enough alone.

We are going to eat Mexican tonight. We are (hopefully) going to begin dieting/healthy eating on Monday so we better live it up now. Tomorrow night we have a picnic with the church. I'm guessing this is still on--Thruston Antle, Nancy's dad, died yesterday and visitiation is tomorrow after 5. I'd hate for people not to go support the family .... Thruston was a dear man. So talented and always funny. He told me once I had pretty feet. Quite a compliment from an 80-something year old man who's seen lots of feet in his time. He'll be missed. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family.

No comments: