Friday, October 2, 2009

I made this dessert today and it is yummy and very easy!

Layered Pumpkin Dessert
1 (15 ounce) package Hostess Twinkies (10)
8 ounces cream cheese
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed and divided
2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice ( I used cinnamon)
1 cup milk

Slice Twinkies in half lengthwise and place cream-side up, in single layer in 9 x 13-inch baking dish.Using mixer, blend cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and half of whipped topping until smooth. Spread evenly over Twinkies.Combine pudding mix, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and milk. Whisk until well blended and layer over cream cheese mixture.Carefully spread remaining whipped topping over pumpkin. Lightly sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.Refrigerate several hours or until set.Makes 9 to 12 servings.

Checkups went fine today although the shots have Luke fussy. Both boys are at the 75th percentile in height and Adam is 75th in weight and Luke is 50th in weight.

Today's sign that I'm losing it: I made the dessert this morning and also put together crock pot chicken and rice to have for supper. I set the crock pot to low but unfortunately never even plugged the stupid thing in. What is wrong with me?

8 comments:

Sherry Kenney said...

Don't feel bad....I have totally done that with the crockpot, too!

jjshirey said...

Oh, so have I. You totally get to claim "placenta brain" until the baby is at least 6 months old!

Sherry Kenney said...

Ok....."pregnant" brain I have heard of (and, yes, you should claim it until the baby is 6 months).....but I'm not sure I've heard of "placenta" brain. Maybe I am out of the loop.

kim_brough said...

I can confirm that "placenta brain" is not a medical term. :-)

jjshirey said...

Ha ha... that's what Laura and I call it. "pregnant brain" makes me think that the brain is carrying something it shouldn't. Plus, placenta brain, even though not a medical term, sounds more like a real issue!

Sherry Kenney said...

Placenta brain sounds g-ross to me.

jjshirey said...

At least you didn't have to see yours after!

Kerry said...

Really? There's twinkies in that post and all you can talk about is placentas! Priorities. I want that dessert - although I seriously think they have quit stocking pumpkin in Lexington. Sherry and I haven't been able to find it for a while!