Saturday, June 28, 2008

Hungry Boy

I know I've already written today, but I can't resist telling fun things about Adam.

Today we've been outside playing. About 10:3o Adam said he was hungry. He didn't have much breakfast so I thought we'd have an early lunch. I decided to grill out hamburgers and then have some baked beans and some leftover broccoli and cauliflower too. We played kickball while the burgers cooked. When they were done, I asked Adam if he'd like to eat outside, like a picnic. He agreed. We covered the table on the deck with a tablecloth and set down with our spread. It was hot and he was hot already. We ate about half our food and then he said he was too hot and wanted to go inside. In we went. Inside, he proceeded to eat all his hamburger and his broccoli and left a little of his baked beans. Here's what he said next.

Adam: I want some more chicken.
Susan: Honey, it's hamburger and it's all gone.
Adam: (with frown) I want some more burger.
Susan: We don't have any. How about some applesauce or yogurt?
Adam: I want both.
Susan: You have to decide. Which one?
Adam: Yogurt.

He ate the whole thing of yogurt and pretty much finished off his beans and drained his cup dry. Just try to tell me he's not a growing boy!

1 comment:

melton said...

Sounds like another Chance!