Monday, June 16, 2008

T-A-C-K-Y

Adam and I went to the pool today after church. I thought it opened at 12 so we traipsed out there at 12:15 only to find out it opens at 1. So we came home for a little bit. Anyway, we were practically the first ones in and then some others came. I was talking to this mom--nice with three kids--and then one of her friends came in . Lovely, nice, country-club afternoon. All is well. Then, to my amazement, bothtof them light up their cigarettes. Right there! Cancer sticks! I couldn't believe it. True, Lakewood is not like those country clubs you see on TV, but I thought they shouldn't have lit up there, especially in the KIDDIE pool area. Yuck! I asked the lifeguard later if there was a policy on this and she was unsure. I'm voting that they're should be. It's 2008. There's my rant for the day and according to my friend Hollie, everyone is allowed one "ugly" moment a day. Nuff said.

No comments: