Monday, June 23, 2008

It's been an eventful day. Adam and I were at church at 7:15 since I was on praise team. He put about three miles in before 8:00 I think. He played and played in the sanctuary. Both services went well and there was a good crowd.

Tonight I went to church to help Sharon work on decorating the sanctuary for VBS and then put the final touches on my room. I knew I couldn't really take Adam with me because I'd spend all my time on him. However, I didn't know who to call. Most of the kids that usually watch Adam are on the mission trip and so is Nora. I tried April Emerson, another girl from our church. She wasn't at home, but her mom, my friend Teresa, said she wouldn't mind watching him sometime. "Can I take you up on that offer tonight?" She said yes. They live right down the road from us in a BEAUTIFUL home. They have the perfect setting to play, including a creek with plenty of rocks to throw which is pretty much like heaven on earth for Adam. They were outside the whole time I was gone. They played with their dogs Dusty and Midnight--two black labs--waded in the creek, threw rocks, rode the golf cart and when I got there he was eating a snack and wouldn't even say hi because he was guzzling down juice. He had played hard. During supper he said he wanted to go see her again. Teresa told me to come back anytime. It would be the perfect place for a little family picnic. She also said they'd like to take us out on the lake. Can the day get any better?

We played outside here until it got dark. We tried unsuccessfully to catch lighting bugs, but we did play on the hay some.

Better go. Busy day tomorrow.

No comments: