Thursday, June 5, 2008

Wednesday

Another good day, but it turned out different than I thought. I figured Adam and I would go to the pool today. However, after we played outside for a long time today, it was getting close to lunch and I decided against it. Adam and I played lots of ball today. First t-ball, but then he wanted me to just throw it to him. He even puts the bat out in front of him and gets in a stance just like he sees the men do on TV. He's good and when he would hit the ball, I would dance and scream like a maniac. I think he liked that part more! We threw rocks in our (almost dried up) puddle and blew bubbles too. He took a long nap so I did a few things around here.

I have a Curriculum Alignment Team meeting tomorrow. Adam is going with Deana and LeeAnn. I'm leaving my meeeting early so I can get him and then leave from JCC at 2 to go see the Lexington Legends play with the Quench praise band. It's Bucky's way of saying thank you for all their hard work. I love a good Legends games--they have the best tunes between batters!!

The Amazing Race was fun tonight. MaryBeth, Mindi, Sharon, and I were site supervisors at the church. The kids had to make brownies. While they traveled on the rest of the race, we baked them and then they had to come back to the church to wrap them up and take them to the staff at the nursing home. Some of the batches turned out good...some didn't. I guess you can make some measuring mistakes when you're in a hurry. By mistake I gave one team a clue that I shouldn't have. I had to take off like a wildwoman screaming, "Luanne!" at the top of my lungs. I didn't catch her until she was at Ralph Roy Realty. Yes, it was a scene, and Sharon was laughing so hard. Wonder how many calories I burned?

Better go. It's late and Adam is eating scrambled eggs. What a snack! Bucky will be home late and we'll probably be up when he gets home. We'll do bath in a little bit.

Oh, another thing. Mindi found a frog outside tonight. She showed Henry and Adam. Adam thought it was too cool! Later while they were playing in the gym Adam brought me a big, dead bug. Thanks! I had him put it on the table. Near the end of the night Mindi said, "You know who would like that bug? That frog!' So they took it out to the frog but it had already "gone night night" according to Adam. I told him it would be a good breakfast for him. He agreed.

No comments: