Sunday, October 5, 2008

Can you say Fall Break?

It's Fall Break! We've got a busy week planned, and all the excitment started today. Adam and I went to Lex. to meet up with Mom and Dad. He is staying with them until Wednesday. Bucky and I are taking twelve of the JCC youth to White Mills Christian Camp for a leadership retreat. Aaron and Emily Pelsue are coming to lead worship. Sweet sugar! Aaron can sing like nobody's business! We come back to RC on Tuesday to do laundry and pack since we are leaving Wed. for the booming metropolis of Cynthiana. Bucky is doing a revival at Unity. I am very excited about this for him. "One Purpose" from JCC is coming on Sat. to lead worship and Doug and I are doing a (funny) drama I wrote a couple years ago. We will stay in Berry from Wed. to Sun. I know that at the end of this week we will be dead, but it will be good to be with family.

Also, I think Sarah Smith (forget her married name) is doing a Gossett family photo session on Saturday morning. We've done this with the Walters, but this will be our maiden voyage. I'll let you know how this goes!

In addition, here's something for your brain. Buck and I had a ball the other night trying to think of all the songs we knew with the word RUN in them, or any variation of the word. I am ashamed to say that I lost (horror of horrors!) to Bucky in this venture, but it was good for the brain and the laughter. Just to get you started: Ready to Run by Dixie Chicks, and Run It by Chris Brown. Let me know what you come up with.

3 comments:

kim_brough said...

We did kinda the same thing with campers at Camp Northward when it wouldn't stop raining, but any song that had the word "rain" in it was counted. It was fun.

KK said...

Running on Empty - Jackson Browne! Ha! Strike one up for the oldies!

Anonymous said...

Runaway - Jefferson Starship. I know, really, really old!!