Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's been a busy and fun weekend. We left out yesterday afternoon to go to Mammoth Cave for a leadership retreat. Adam got to go as well. Allison and Peggy (Ma Peg) went along for child care. Adam had a ball. They watched a movie last night and then today a park ranger took them out and about and they rode the ferry. Our sessions went fine. After we left MC we went to Glasgow to eat with Buddy, Sharon, Alan, and Darren. Adam as asleep. It felt like old times because he was so conked out we just laid him on two chairs and he slept while we ate. We hit Glasgow and Columbia Walmart to get rope lighting for Journey to Bethlehem. I picked up the potatoes I should have bought the other night. We got home going up for 4 and I cleaned house like a madwoman. Things had been wild Wednesday and Thursday. Bucky napped and Adam watched some TV. We ate potato soup and (gulp) put up our Christmas decorations. I don't think I've ever had the tree up in time for my birthday. Usually we wait until the Saturday after Thankgiving but the Walters extended family is that day so we thought we'd go ahead. Everything looks great. Bucky said he loves Christmas in this house, but really loved Christmas in the old house. Sweet.

On a hilarious note, I had my own personal paparazzi yesterday. Elio from WKU and a native of Peru is a friend of Roxann's. She asked me Monday if he could spend the day in my room. Sure. I figured he was an education major. Instead he majors in photojournalism and wanted to do a "piece" on me. This involved him interviewing me, photographing me, going to JCC, the daycare, and our home. Of all times the house to be a mess. I'm convinced that my house is always clean when no one is coming. Anyway, I can't wait to see the final project and I'll try to share it. A special shout out to Amy and Audra for watching my kids so I could leave early, pose for all of Elio's pictures, pack, and still make it to JCC on time.

1 comment:

kim_brough said...

Why did Buck like Christmas so much in the old house? I wish my decorations were up...but can't move the couch alone.