Saturday, November 8, 2008

Rainy Friday

Last night we had an abbreviated praise team practice. Heath and Cody were at the visitation so we went through everything with Billy and Cody W. and said we'd hit it hard Sunday. Adam went to Mary and Gary's house. He was there for quite a while because Bucky and I went to the visitation. We arrived at RCHS at 7:30 and we did not get to see Royce and Erica until almost 9:30. The outpouring of support has been amazing. Iwas fine waiting until we got into the gym. There was a video of pictures and they had music and that's a combination that always speaks to me. I just had to quit watching the pictures. When we got to Royce and Erica, Royce hugged me and said, "Hey Mrs. Bucky." I told him that's what I wanted him to say. I couldn't think of much to say except we're thinking of you and then Bucky and Royce hugged. Royce is a man of small stature and it looked like Goliath hugging David. Bucky was very emotional which in turn makes me that way. Erica looked like any mother who just lost her 16 year old would look. Praise God they are Christians and have a hope and will find strength to get through this hard time. Anyway, it was 10 before I got to Mary's and then Adam was "wilder than a wood guinea" to use an RC term. It was 11 before he fell asleep. Bucky is doing opening prayer at the funeral. He said he was honored. In other news, it's raining today. Appropriate, I think.

No comments: