Saturday, July 5, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We are back in the Bluegrass state! We had a wonderful trip to PickWick Lake. It's right on the Tennessee/Mississippi line. We boated every day, ate great food, and had fun visiting. The water was nice and Adam enjoyed swimming. I could go on and on about the great time we had, but hopefully the pictures will give you a taste.

We left out from our cabin on Thursday. We drove to Nashville. We did some shopping at Opry Mills and Adam got to ride their train which thrilled him. Then we went to the Ramada. We had planned to go with Nana and Poppy and KK, but KK had some unexplained back pain and they went back to Cynthiana. The three of us had fun walking around downtown. We ate at Hard Rock Cafe. Adam liked the music. We went back to the hotel and swam in the guitar shaped pool. What was awesome is that we had it to ourself.

We left out Friday (today) and went to see Alicia and Cameron who live in Mt. Juliet, TN. We got to hold both Kate and Carly. Adam kissed their little heads. I'm SO glad we got to stop.

We got home about 3 and I've done laundry and Adam has played. Buck has watched TV--he's really not watched any for three weeks with all his trips.

Nothing planned much for tomorrow although we probably will go to Lakefest. Confederate Railroad is playing and there's a special place in Bucky's heart for "Trashy Women."

Hope your withdrawal symptoms are better after reading this blog.

4 comments:

Kerry said...

I'm pretty sure I recall Bucky dressed as a "trashy woman" at some point in HCHS history... Ah, memories! Who else remembers Ray and Faye as Sonny and Cher, too? :)
Wait, now I'm also remembering, shouldn't you and I also have a place in our hearts for Sold by John Michael Montgomery?

kim_brough said...

I also love "Trashy Women". In fact, it might take a spot on my top ten list. Decisions, decisions.

melton said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I preparing for our trip. I hope it all fits in the trailblazer. Ha! Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time. Mom