Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's Official

Adam has officially moved into the two year old room at daycare. He has been staying in there for part of the day for several weeks, but today I guess was his first day. I am sad to leave Mrs. Sharon in his old room. She is so kind and gentle and her love for Jesus just oozes out of her. She would call Adam "Lovebug." His new teacher is Mrs. Donna. She is a sister to Mrs. Trina, the co-director of Higher Aim. She is very nice-tall, blond, stylish. Remind you of anyone? Ha ha!

Today I picked up Adam and he came to the door. The first thing he said was, "I get trub," which means I got in trouble. He's honest, huh? I told him to say sorry and he very quickly said, "Sorry Don-na." I asked Donna if this was normal and she said yes. It's a little more structured and there are some ground rules she wants to set. He and his best friend Eli are both in there. I think they hit each other every day (and have for some time) if what Adam tells me is correct, but I think it's all in love and male bonding.

As you know, Adam is not potty trained and I asked Mrs. Donna if I needed to speed things up and she said there is only one boy in the room who is trained. There's a three year old in there who's not, so I guess we're okay.

Tonight is church night. It sure doesn't feel like Wednesday.

Adam is hungry. Better feed the boy before we head to JCC.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking I'm gonna need to have a little talk with Miss Donna!