Monday, January 28, 2008

Super Saturday

Saturday was the first day of the Upward basketball season which means Bucky is at the church for a good portion of the day. Adam played here in the morning and then we went to church for the 12 o'clock game. He really enjoyed watching the first half, and then he played with some kids during the second half. They were quite a bit older (5-7) but he held his own and smiled the whole time. Bucky and I did some things at the church before we came home.

Adam took a long nap and so did I. I had told Sharon I would help her get ready for Nick's party at the Family Life Center, and she told me she would be there around 4:15. I woke up from my nap at 4:45! I quickly got ready and went on down. Bucky and Adam came later. Nick turns 13 on the 28th. HIs party was fun. They played ball, Guitar Hero, and had food and cake. Adam really didn't eat lunch so he ate lots of food--mostly junk--but he did eat some Party Dogs, as we call them. It's Lil Smokies wrapped up in crescent rolls. He wouldn't eat the bread, only the "hot dog" as he called it. It's unlike Adam to like meat like that. He was so cute in Megan's lap, eating his food and drinking his water from a bottle. He has practically mastered that!

Adam enjoyed playing carpetball with Ashton, Nick and Megan's kindergarten cousin. He did NOT want to leave. LeeAnn was there, too, so life was good.

It was a late night. We didn't get home until 10 or a little after. We went ahead and did a bath to help wear him out. It took Adam a while to wind down.

It's another big day at church for both of us. Adam actually has a date with my friend Roxann for tonight since we both have obligations. It takes a village to raise a child. Hopefully, we'll get to bed a little earlier.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You get up way to early!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mollie! I'm always hoping that at least there's that hour difference that makes it seem earlier - or that your computer likes to post your time as pacific time as mine sometimes chooses to do. :)

Anonymous said...

As a real time example, I just posted that comment at 11:46 am!

Anonymous said...

I have not read this for a while, but have really enjoyed catching up! Thanks for keeping us up on the events!!