Sunday, April 13, 2008

We're Back!

I tol Bucky that most of you would be having withdrawal symptoms while we traveled during Spring Break. Well, we are back! We had an absolute ball! Adam and I are at Union Chapel today. I came for awhile to get ready for this coming week. I have breakfast duty and so there's no time in the morning to get things prepared. This is the last week before testing so it's review, review, and more review. I'm blogging from school because our computer at home needs some sort of update from Duo-County that we've not done yet. As I'm typing, Adam is trying to make a dirty diaper. He's not been since Monday night and he's having some trouble.

Anyway, here are some highlights from our trip to Gatlinburg.

The condo is very nice. They had done some updating since our last visit. There were stainless steel appliances, a huge flat screen, and some new furniture. The view was still fantastic. You can see all of the town, and it's neat at night.

Adam played putt putt on our trip. We like the Davy Crockett golf in G-burg. He got a hole in one on number 7. Really! With no help from me! He really impressed me.

We went to the Dixie Stampede and Adam was in awe of all the neigh neighs. He barely ate a bite because he was so into it. I asked him one time if he wanted a bite and he said, "I want to clap."

The kids did great with Adam and Adam with them. They helped out a lot with him and Adam was so funny singing and dancing to "Low." It's his favorite and he can really bust a move.

The guys (three seniors) made a video on the trip of some random things and then some planned things. They took a dollar bill and some fishing line into Gatlinburg and tried to trick people into bending down to get the money before they would pull it away. They did many Chinese Fire Drills. Perhaps the funniest bit was their short film about Captain Hero and Buster trying to capture The Galded/Gaulded? Ninja who was looking for GoldBond Powder. They made costumes and everything. Where do they come up with these things?

I'll share more stories later and some pictures, too. We're about ready to head to town to eat lunch with Bucky.

No comments: