Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I'd Rate it a 7

Adam did great going to sleep in his new bed . He and I read several books and then turned off the lamp. We said our prayers and then he fell asleep pretty quickly. I can actually lay in the bed with Adam believe it or not, so I was there beside him for awhile. I got up and went to bed. Then, about 1:00, here is Adam beside my bed. Bucky had gone up front to sleep so I just put him in with me. Then I changed my mind after all his kicking and touching. Plus, I thought it was a bad precedent to set. He rarely sleeps in our bed and I didn't want him to on this first night in his day bed. So, we went to his room and he fell asleep quickly. I went to the bathroom and when I came out, there he was in our doorway. So, we go back to his room. This time I bring a pillow and a blanket. He is going to sleep in here! I went back to my room and then woke up close to 3 with him at my bed. I put him up with Bucky in bed, who had since returned, and I went to the floor. I am pleased with how he started out, but not pleased with how he finished. I will have to really wear him out tonight so he can sleep through the night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a big boy - even if he did not stay all night!! He is growing up so fast. Hope the following nights were better.