Thursday, February 28, 2008

Ignorance May Be Bliss

Another snow day. Guess this means it's May 22 when we get out. Anyway, this morning while doing some things around the house I had on The Today Show. Daytime TV can be very informative. I stopped what I was doing when I heard them talking about having lemon in your water at a restaurant. Here's what I learned. A new study found that the lemon slices you get on the side of your glass may be spiking your beverages with bacteria. A total of 25 different types of germs were found on 53 out of the 76 lemons that were sampled. Some were fecal in origin (either from dirty fingertips of the restaurant employees, or from meat-contaminated cutting boards and knives), while others were types commonly found in saliva, on the skin and in the environment. Oh my goodness! I think it may be time to start gettting plain water!

Adam and I have played today. He's colored and done puzzles. I made chili for lunch and Bucky came home. As usual on these days off, we all three fell asleep after lunch. We are going to church tonight. I am picking up a girl that the guys in Quench have invited. I have no idea who she is. I only know her street name and her phone number. Should be interesting.

Praise Team practice tomorrow and (hopefully) school.

4 comments:

kim_brough said...

If it ain't made me sick by now, it likely won't. Besides, I'm exposed to MUCH worse things than that at work. I'm getting TWO lemons from now on!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kim. I haven't been sick from it yet (knocking on wood at the moment). However, thanks for the information.

Anonymous said...

I saw the same report - UGH!! I know Kim and Mollie are correct, but I will probably skip the lemon from now on!!

kim_brough said...

And further more...who says it ends with the lemons?