Thursday, March 27, 2008

Oh my goodness. Yesterday when I came home from school, I could smell Callie before I even got out of the Trailblazer. She smelled like kyarn--a Russell County word to describe an awful dead smell. I don't know if she'd killed something or just rolled in something dead. I couldn't even get near here. I left her outside and then had to bathe her when we got home from church. That was fun, especially considering her hair is at its longest right before her Spring cut. Adam wanted to help and he didn't know what to think or her shaking water everywhere and even on him. She smelled some better, but the wet dog smell was just as bad as the kyarn smell. Not wanting her to freeze since her coat was wet, she slept in the garage and I've just put her out this morning. I'm hoping to come home to find her back to normal this afternoon.

Yesterday was Bucky's birthday. He is (gulp) 31. They had a cake with 31 BRIGHT candles last night at church and everyone sang. Adam kept talking about Daddy's birthday.

Speaking of Adam, he and Bucky took his full piggy bank to bank yesterday. It had 105 dollars and some change in it. They put it in his savings account. Thanks to all those who send cards full of, "Money!" for holidays and other things. He loves it! Bucky said he was so proud of his two dollars. What is it with this kid and two?

I have praise team practice tonight. Mary Blakey is keeping Adam. They will have a big time. Bucky is heading out for a golf trip with seven other guys to Crossville, TN. I hope they have good weather. There is a health fair at church this weekend, but other than that, I'm not sure what Adam and I will get in to.

No comments: